Site Trainer - Schick Civil Construction
If you are looking for a team that is truly committed to helping its people grow, Schick is the place for you. Schick is aiming to create a culture where it is everyone’s responsibility to train, be trained, help improve others and improve yourself, to be better than before. We are looking for someone to help us continue to build on that vision.
What is the role?
Based at the Waikato branch, the Site Trainer role will deliver well planned onsite and offsite training to ensure our staff are competent, safe and continually improving. As a result of the training delivered by the Site trainer, our team will also be able to progress to take on new tasks and new roles.
This role will suit a self-starter who prepared to step in, can get things done and will take pride in the success of others as they progress in the business. The work done will be varied and run from simple to building critical thinking. You will be getting to site early to help foreman improve how they plan and deliver their work. You will run classroom sessions on key skills and knowledge, help new starters learn Schick’s systems and methods, train operators and labourers on key plant and machinery.
What will you need to bring to the role?
- Relevant industry experience in civil construction and machine operations (7 years).
- Effective planning and project management skills
- Formal qualifications in civil skills and training assessment.
- Have strong teaching/coaching skills and effective learner engagement methods.
- Experience supporting others to learn and apply Health & Safety principles and systems.
- Excellent communicator and confident presenter.
- Strong general administration ability and excellent recording keeping
- General computer skills and able to use office software (word, excel, powerpoint, etc).
- Experience leading site teams preferred.
What you'll get as part of our team?
- Competitive salary package and regular pay and performance reviews.
- A work vehicle to help with onsite delivery.
- Be part of a wider training team looking to grow improve a training system.
- Career development and advancement opportunities in a leading Waikato firm.
- Access to free physio and medical support.
- Long service entitlements after 3, 5, and 10 years.
Who you will be working for?
The Schick Group is a progressive, privately owned civil contracting and property development company based in Waikato. Our team offers a full range of end-to-end civil construction-related services. We provide a great place to work and a place where you can grow your skills into a rewarding career. We pride ourselves on being an employer who cares about our people and stays true to our purpose and values in every decision we make.
Our mantra of "building communities from the ground up" means that as a company we actively support many community and social ventures. Through such contributions we also benefit individually, as we know we will all share in the benefit of living in more enriched communities.
Schick is a place where we all genuinely want to come to work every day and a place where every day each of us strive to deliver our mission of excellence, in everything we do
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol-free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.