Quantity Surveyor - Foster Construction
We are looking for proven commercial construction Quantity Surveyors to join our Hamilton-based operation. Ideally, you will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience with a main contractor. Also, you have had experience running jobs in tandem with a Site Manager and without a Project Manager.
Are you looking for a Company with a positive culture and community focused approach to doing business. At Fosters, you will be part of a highly motivated team working alongside great Clients, Consultants, Suppliers, and Subcontractors.
Imagine having the opportunity to:
- Work with some of the most talented people in the construction industry.
- Grow and develop your career in your chosen field while being exposed to other areas that may be of interest.
- Donate $500 annually to an organisation or charity of your choice.
- Get building supplies, gym membership, physiotherapy sessions, and skins checks at discounted rates.
- Be part of an organisation where the leaders understand, acknowledge, and appreciate that people are their greatest asset.
Foster Construction Group Limited (FCGL) and its subsidiaries are ultimately owned and controlled by individuals who are committed to living the Fosters values and contributing value to the Foster Group through the full utilisation of their passion, skill, and experience. The success and future sustainability of the Foster Group is based on its people.
Fosters is a highly successful entity based in the Waikato and Bay of Plenty. Significant growth over the last 10 years has seen our business become a leader in the commercial construction industry. Our Company is renowned for its exceptional workplace culture and business values.
A Fosters Quantity Surveyor is responsible for working with numerous stakeholders to establish costs that are associated with specific projects. They are also required to manage the budget for a specific project as well as managing the contractual relationships throughout the construction contract.
Ultimately, they take responsibility and are accountable for the financial performance of a construction project.
Quantity Surveyors are a critical component of the construction project team. All financial activities are coordinated by the Quantity Surveyor, including initial estimates, budgets, procurement, claims and payments.