Project Manager - Livingstone Building
If you are a Project Manager who has gained solid experience in the commercial construction sector, have the skills and knowledge necessary to bring to the role then we would love to hear from you.
Or if you are an experienced qualified builder, who has developed and built a career in project management in the commercial construction sector and have a passion for driving excellence in everything you do, we would also love to hear from you.
We are expanding our team as we confidently prepare for Livingstone Building’s exciting future with a pipeline full of secured work and opportunity across the Waikato region.
Operating from five North Island regional offices, Livingstone Building has expanded over 70 years into a highly respected construction company. We pride ourselves on our award-winning builds across all market sectors for a variety of organisations and industries New Zealand wide.
Our solid, well-respected Waikato team of 105+ office and site staff, includes a PM department of 12 passionate team members that we want you to be part of!
Learn more on our website!
The type of work:
- Livingstone have tight and ongoing relationships with aged care facilities, the education sector and variety of design and build projects, plus more
- Projects generally range from $1 to $17 million in commercial construction
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for organising all day-to-day activities on site ensuring our projects are built safely, on time, within budget and to our high standards. The ideal candidate will enjoy job variation, displaying leadership, have a flair for reporting and come with strong commercial experience.
Read and interpret plans and specifications as well as compile reports and resource consents using Microsoft Projects and a variety of other industry software packages
- Identify and manage project risks as well as control project budgets, tracking variations, planning and monitoring of QA & QC
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including; participation of tender submissions and presentations, managing client expectations, working collaboratively with project teams and chairing project meetings
- Manage a team by demonstrating professional leadership; assisting with recruitment, managing performance reviews
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to Project Management
- Full Drivers Licence
- Experience working on a variety of commercial construction projects
- Advanced Excel and familiar with Microsoft Project preferred
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Confidence in managing information across all phases of construction
- Competitive salary and package including vehicle, phone, laptop
- Medical Insurance upon 12 months service
- Work and home life balance
- Personal and professional development
- Interesting and exciting projects
- A supportive and challenging environment to further your growth and knowledge
- A fun and passionate organisational culture
- Work with an ambitious, high performing team
Livingstone New Zealand supports the vaccination programme to help protect us all against Covid-19. Due to company and client policy, only Fully Vaccinated candidates will be considered for this role.
Only applicants living and working in New Zealand will be considered for this position.