Estimator / Quantity Surveyor - Schick Civil Construction
Estimator / Surveyor
Schick Civil Construction is one of the largest locally owned and operated contracting companies in the Waikato. With over 200 staff, we pride ourselves on being an employer who cares about our people, we aim to stay true to our purpose and values in every decision we make. We offer a great place to work, a career, and a place to grow your skills and work for a business who is committed to living its values and getting everyone home safe, every day.
Our mantra of "building communities from the ground up" means that as a company we actively support many community and social ventures. Through such contributions, we also benefit individually, as we know we will all share in the benefit of living in more enriched communities.
We are seeking a team player to join us as an Estimator/Quantity Surveyor. If you are looking for a team that is truly committed to helping its people grow, Schick is the place for you.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE ROLE TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Ideally, you will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience estimating civil projects in New Zealand
- Strong civil/roading industry experience with a good understanding of asset components
- Experience with an industry proprietary estimating package
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong commercial / numerical and analytical ability with a diligent eye for detail
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- High-level negotiation and analytical skills
- Sound working knowledge of Project Management principles
- Proven ability to work under pressure and prioritise
- Experience in a structured tendering environment
- Customer-focused and self-motivated
WHAT YOU'LL GET AS PART OF OUR TEAM
- Competitive salary package and regular pay and performance reviews, as well as long service entitlements after 3, 5, and 10 years.
- Career development and advancement opportunities in a leading Waikato firm
- Access to free physio and medical support
- High performing team with down to earth culture
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol-free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.