Regional Business Partners
Te Waka has a team of expert business advisors who work across the region helping businesses of all sizes to grow.
The Regional Business Partner (RBP) Network is funded by the New Zealand Government. The Network helps foster growth by providing eligible businesses with specialist advice and support, and funding to enhance business capability, including research and development.
Te Waka is the Regional Business Partner (RBP) for the Waikato. We have a team of expert Business Advisors who work with companies of all sizes across the region.
As a business owner, we understand it’s not always easy to step back from the day-to-day challenges and take a more strategic look at your operation. That’s where we can help.
When you first meet with a Te Waka Business Advisor, they will help you identify the challenges and opportunities facing your business. They will then advise you on what tools, connections, training or development you need to achieve your goals.
Your business may be eligible for the RBP Capability Development Fund, where up to 50% of the cost of your training and development is met through the RBP programme, capped at $5,000.
Your business must also meet these criteria:
- be operating with 50 or fewer FTEs
- be GST registered in New Zealand
- have a New Zealand Business Number (NZBN)
- be operating in a commercial environment – i.e. currently trading
- be privately owned or a Māori Trust or Incorporation under the Te Ture Whenua Maori Act 1993 or similar organisation managing Māori assets under multiple ownership
- have undergone a Discovery Session with a Growth Advisor
- demonstrate a willingness and capacity to grow
Take the first step, register online, and meet with a Te Waka Business Advisor.