COVID-19 Business Support 2022
Te Waka continues to support our Waikato businesses as we move through Traffic Light Setting Phases throughout New Zealand
We know it’s hard for businesses to negotiate the regulations and challenges moving through the different phases. The below links identify useful information and support tools to help you mitigate these challenges.
If you have questions about the Traffic Light System, how to access Government business support or general resources, call the business helpline. The helpline is free and can be accessed by calling 0800 500 362 for the North Island, or 0800 50 50 96 for the South Island.
It can offer you:
- specific advice and access to government business support
- advice on what Alert Levels mean for your business
- HR and general business advice and access to online resources and webinars
- connections to business advisory services
Covid Support PaymentA new targeted COVID Support Payment is now available for businesses struggling with revenue during the Omicron outbreak.
- Each COVID Support Payment will be $4000 per business plus $400 per full-time employee, capped at 50 FTEs or $24,000.
- Applications for the first payment open February 28, with payments starting from March 1.
- It will be available on a fortnightly basis for 6 weeks, with 3 payments in total.
- There is a higher threshold in terms of revenue loss than previous support in order to target those most affected. Firms must show a 40 percent drop in 7 consecutive days within the 6 weeks prior to the shift to Phase 2 of the Omicron response on February 15, compared to 7 days after that date.
Resurgence Support Payment
The Resurgence Support Payment (RSP) is a payment to help support viable and ongoing businesses or organisations which have experienced a decline in revenue due to a COVID-19 alert level increase. If your business or organisation is facing a reduction in revenue due to an alert level increase, you may be eligible for the RSP.
If your small businesses experiences a loss of 30 percent of revenue as a result of an alert level increase. Eligible businesses can apply to receive up to $1500 plus $400 per full-time equivalent employee, up to a maximum of 50 full-time employees.
Financial Support Tool
If you are experiencing financial pressure, explore the help available for small business owners. Use the financial support tool to find out what financial support is available whether you are an employer, are self-employed or a sole trader. Click here to access the tool.
COVID-19: Information for businesses. Here’s where you’ll find information about:
- operating at Traffic Light Setting Phases
- business travel across regional boundaries
- contact tracing
- financial support for businesses
- employment and work visas
- leases and tenancies
- exporters and importers
- working from home
Digital Boost Programme
Want to learn a new skill? See how other Kiwi business owners are using digital to boost their business and work smarter.
A free set of resources and programs to help you bring your business online with confidence, ranging from marketing to accounting, operations and more. Visit Digital Boost to discover the digital skills to boost your business. Learn it. Do it. Boost it.
Connect with a Business Growth Advisor
If you would like to connect to a Business Growth Advisor at Te Waka please fill in one of the forms below. We will then be in touch to make a time to meet with you virtually, over the phone or in person depending on what level we are at.
Talk to an advisor about your current lockdown challenges – please click here
Access to business growth support - Management capability services/funding, Callaghan Innovation Research & Development Funding, NZ Business Mentors – please click here
Connect with a Business Mentor
A reminder that access to support from New Zealand Business Mentors is available. During this latest lockdown now could be the time to get help for you and your business.
You will have up to 12 months' access to a Business Mentor who will help you develop your business and yourself as a business owner.
Or to find out more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see if this is the right step for you.
In 2020 Te Waka has connected over 2,000 businesses across the region with expert advice funded by the COVID-19 Business Advisory Fund, with the support of the RBP network of service providers, over $5 million of funding has been issued to Waikato Businesses from the COVID-19 Advisory Fund and the Tourism Transition program since the end of March 2020.